Sunday, March 24, 2013

Time for Neene2.1 Maybe?

Okay, so I had some express that they aren't interested in what I am eating or not eating. They could care less how many steps I take in a day. This created digital laryngitis for me. But the Fit42 challenge started up again. I began taking better care of myself. Then I lost that drive again. I realize I need to stop listening to others. The only person that I should be listening to is me. Of course there are a few thoughts I need to tell to shut-up.

So, okay, I know awhile ago I started this blog saying that it was time for Neene2.0. Well since that upgrade didn't exactly work I guess it's time for Neene2.1. Here's to hoping it goes more smoothly this time.
So I hope you enjoy reading my meanderings. If not, I hope you find a blog to read that better suits your preferences.



So, now on with my meanderings. Yesterday, I went to our local Fairway. I loaded up on fruits, vegetables, and better meats. I'm not suited to be a vegetarian. Although I see the benefits one who does live that way receives. So I bought better cuts of beef short ribs, small portion controlled steaks, chicken thighs, and chicken breast. I stocked up on vegetables too. So last night I made braised beef short ribs. I also made steamed spinach marinated with balsamic vinegrette. I love the steamer microwave bags of vegetables. So I did one of mixed vegetables. Topped them with some low fat cheese. Yummy

This morning we had big blintzes. I topped them with lactose free honey flavored yogurt. I admit they were a nice treat. I'm not usually a breakfast person. But I know it is better to start your day fueled properly. Unfortunately I didn't think to photograph it.

For lunch, I reverted to an old favorite. A French sandwich. Flat bread. Spread 1 teaspoon of extra light olive oil on each side of the flat bread. Layer fresh spinach leaves on the bread. Sprinkle with a few dried cranberries. Top with a small bit of brie cheese. Then place the sandwich in the microwave for 15 seconds. Perfect. It is very flavorful. It is healthy. It is light yet filling. Perfect!

I am hoping that returning to a  healthier way of eating will help us find a healthier way of life. I know what to do. I know what is considered healthy. It is just a matter of training my taste buds and my lazy self to choose items that are better for us then drive-thru nasty quick fixes. Fingers crossed for the proper installation on Neene2.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment