Monday, February 17, 2014

Motivated by not Mowing the Yard

So I've been trying. I keep meaning to photograph my meals. Not so much for you, dear reader. Although I hope you get a kick and maybe a meal idea out of it. But for me as it keeps me more conscious of what I am eating. But I keep forgetting to grab my camera phone. Urgh!

However, I must be doing something right for now I'm 231 lbs. Yes, I know. I inwardly cringe as well. What a horrible number for someone of my short stature. But if you read my blog a few days ago the number was higher so I'll take it!

We've been snowed in. My car is with the mechanic. And I'm out on Mid-winter Break. Um yeah, instinct is too fly away some where warm. This year, Mother Nature is being such a beast! Where exactly would be warm and without snow. No fundage to fly off for some fun. So I sit here snowed in in NY. URGH!

So considering how easy it is in NY to order pizza (over the phone, on the Internet, advertisements on TV, coupons in your email)! Make it stop! I've been trying to be better or at least eat in moderation. If we order pizza I'm having 1 or 2 slices. Not splitting the pie down the middle with my husband.

So today I decided to stop wallowing. I got up, put my boots on and huffed it out to our local CVS. The walk in the (yes that is what sunshine feels like again) sunlight did my heart good. A little exercise, a little fresh air, and a new moisturizer. Things are looking up.

Our CVS is next to a Mrs. Green's Natural foods store. So I popped in. I bought some nice salad fixings and walked on home. While at Mrs. Green's I decided to try their smoothie bar. My lord in heaven, does anyone actually like this stuff. One was called "The Lawnmower!" Um I'm not brave enough to try that. I did try the Greenhouse Tonic (cucumber, celery, wheatgrass and more healthy options). It didn't sound that bad with the cucumber that I love. But lordy, lordy I couldn't finish it. I'm motivated to lose the weight but not to eat lawn mower clippings (which is pretty much what it tasted like). Tomorrow I'll make my own smoothie thanks with the Spinach I just bought.

How is your wellness journey going? I'd love to hear about your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment